Die nächste Jung Königswinter Konferenz wird vom 14. bis 18. Juni 2017 in der Europäischen Akademie Berlin stattfinden.
Potential candidates can submit an independent application or be nominated by, for example, a past participant of either Jung Königswinter or Königswinter, a representative of business, charitable organisations, research institutes, political parties or unions, or by a representative of the Gesellschaft.
The Jung Königswinter Conference addresses the up-and-coming generation of British and German decision-makers. The participants are drawn from a wide base including politics, business, academia, culture, the media, the third-sector, and have either already started their careers or are completing post-graduate studies.
Pre-requisites for an application are a high-degree of political awareness (also at a European level) and an excellent command of the English language. Participants are expected to be well prepared in order to be able to contribute to the discussions - for example, by giving a short introduction to the subject of their chosen study group.
The Conference has established itself as a well-known and important forum for promoting German-British understanding. Therefore, applications far exceed the number of available places and participation cannot be guaranteed. Candidates are selected according to many criteria, not least their specialist knowledge of a particular study group subject.
Applying to attend
- be aged between 25 and 32 years
- have a genuine interest in German-British relations and European affairs
- have excellent English language skills
- the application form
- a cover letter in English outlining why you would like to attend
- a CV in English (tabular format)
Please submit your application until March 31 2017.
- Participants are asked to contribute €200 to cover part of the arising costs.
- The Deutsch-Britische Gesellschaft covers travel, transfers, accommodation in twin rooms, full board, and other costs arising from the programme, i.e. entrance to exhibitions.
Location and Date
The Jung Königswinter Conferences take place at the European Academy Berlin annually in summer.